Saturday, January 22, 2011

Garage88; 8/10

 There is no sugarcoating this. I'll go straight to the point. This burger was NOT an all-beef burger. There was extenders on it. I have been an anti-extender burger connoisseur my whole life. I hated extenders. So when the waitress walked off without asking me if I wanted it medium rare or well done... That was a bad sign.

When the burger came it was the thickness that struck me most. That's what she said. It was so soft that I didn't have to use my knife. My fork alone could separate the meat from the patty. Which confirmed my worst fear. Extenders. What's the point of having this huge piece of meat if it isn't even all-beef? Cruel kitchen.

But once I tasted it. Wow. This was no ordinary extender burger. McDonalds and Jollibee have nothing on this burger. Extenders, yes. But it was not disgusting. It tasted pretty good. Even better than some of the all-beef burgers I'd had. The kitchen knew how to balance the void left by not enough beef. It was seasoned and spiced up to damn near perfection.



The sauce. The sauce was fucking amazing. It was a perfect blend between chili con carne and barbecue sauce. Sweetness and tanginess. My only complaint is that there wasn't enough! I wanted more!

Like I mentioned earlier, the knife was totally unnecessary. While that may be a bad sign for a burger, I loved it for the bun. The bun was equally as soft and could be split with just the fork. That way when you put it in your mouth, the bun doesn't distract from the burger.

The one thing I loved is that the waitress knew her products. She informed me about the toppings on the burger. Now, I'm not a fan of raw onions. She offered to have them caramelized before putting it on the burger... which I, of course, accepted. They also advertise that they have the sloppiest burgers in town. And being a burger fan, sloppier IS better. And as seen in the picture above.. it came through. That's what she said.

Garage88 also has a 12-inch burger challenge that is good for sharing. If you and a buddy can finish it under 12 minutes, it's free. I have yet to take this challenge so I'm not sure if it's exactly like the burger I ordered except bigger; or if it has totally different flavors. However, with beer that comes at P38 a bottle, P188 a bucket,  and beer-all-you-can for less than P300? I'm definitely coming back.

Garage 88 is located at the 2nd floor of the Karport building, 32nd street, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig.

No comments:

Post a Comment