Monday, January 17, 2011

Big Better Burgers; 7/10


After loads of people recommended Big Better Burgers, I decided to give it a try. I ordered the Three Cheese Burger while my friend ordered the Bacon Barbecue Burger.

The burgers were good, the bun was exceptional, and the choices seemed excellent. Seriously, whoever designed the menu knew what he was doing. He knows what his market wants and he capitalizes.



The burgers, however, were not great. After all the buildup from several different people, I have to say I was a little disappointed. The name itself is, for lack of a better term, a sham. The burgers were not big. Better? Than what? If they say they're better than certain burgers, then yes. If by better, they mean better than the rest? Then that is a definite hell no. They were good. They weren't the best. I can name several other establishments that serve better. And the patties were advertised as 1/3 pound. I have to disagree. They were definitely not. Far from it.

Now that the bad points are out of the way, the burgers were good. They were good and they left me wanting one more. Which should be a good thing. They were good enough to merit a second serving. However at 150 pesos up, I decided against it. I wasn't gonna pay an extra amount that large for that little. But if your appetite is smaller than mine, maybe this is the burger for you.

While the burger wasn't the best I've tasted, their toppings are possibly the best I've seen in a while. They also have several burgers with their own "secret sauce". And after tasting the sauce, it definitely was a secret. Having a culinary background I'm usually good at at least guessing what the base of the sauce was. This one, however remained a mystery to me.

And the burgers themselves were properly seasoned. There was enough salt and pepper to put the necessary flavor into it. And they were juicy. What is a burger if not juicy as hell, right?

Overall, I might even go back here again. I don't expect to get full. But I expect a satisfactory burger. And they will provide. It may not be as good as people say, it may not have lived up to all the hype, and it didn't even come close... but that is a burger that I wouldn't mind having again.

Big Better Burgers branches are found at University Mall (Beside DLSU), Sucat, SM Cubao, SM North Edsa, and Alabang.

No comments:

Post a Comment