Saturday, March 16, 2013

Woodfire Brick Oven Pizza


 
 So I was just walking a little away from Power Plant Mall at Rockwell looking for a new place to eat and this restaurant caught my eye. Mainly because of three words.

Brick. Oven. Pizza.

Nothing can catch my attention more than that. Except by adding a fourth word that precedes all three. "Free".

So one of the things I ordered was the Agnolotti. Basically it's like ravioli. And the filling was mushrooms. The first thing I thought was that it didn't look like Agnolotti. Maybe they ran out..? Maybe the pasta broke..? I don't know.

Secondly, what I assumed was ground mushrooms tasted a lot like sausages. Trivia: Ground mushrooms when seasoned correctly can taste exactly like meat!!!So I thought that maybe they have some secret spice that made the shrooms taste like sausages.

This is the point when the receptionist came over and apologized because we had gotten the Salciccia instead. Sausage pasta. And they wouldn't be charging us for it. So I was satisfied anyway because the pasta was amazingly awesome.

We had finished our pasta and we had a pizza on the way. The pasta was so meatingly delicious that I was excited for my meaty pizza. When all of a sudden the waitress comes along with this.

It was the Agnolotti that we originally ordered!!! So that was pretty amazing of them. The whole time I thought that we just got the Salciccia for the price of the Agnolotti... when they gave us that one as well.

It wasn't as good as the Saciccia, in my opinion. But I'm sure the herbivores would enjoy it. (So guys, if you're dating a vegetarian, this is a good dish to get for her).


Lastly is the Tutto Carne. An all meat pizza. And it was food. freaking. gasmic. Salami, bacon, and Italian sausages. And just because it's only 3 kinds of meat, doesn't make the meat less. They overload the pie with MEAT!!!

And good quality meat, may I add. Not the cheap, generic, just-about-available-anywhere meat.

And the whole thing had mozzarella on it. So that's probably the clincher.

My only complaint about the place was the chairs. They had design but lacked function. I think I tried to lean back about 4 times that night but had to lean forward again because the chair didn't feel strong enough to support a human being. The backrest felt so flimsy. Upon looking around I noticed that no one was leaning back, either.



And here's a picture of the brick oven. Please donate this to me when you guys get a new one.

So that's it. Check them out on Facebook. Try the restaurant. I don't think you'll be disappointed. I'm an Italian food connoisseur and I'm definitely coming back here.


No comments:

Post a Comment