Sunday, February 20, 2011

Army Navy's Bully Boy Burger; 7/10

I'll give Army Navy credit, they are not ones for false advertising. Check out their website's picture of the Bully Boy Burger here and see for yourself. It looks exactly like what I was served.

The burger seemed like it was all beef and nice and juicy. All pretty good signs. The black sesame seeds were a good touch. Contrast of color without deviating from a traditional burger bun.

The burger could've been a lot better if it were seasoned better.It needed a fairly good amount of salt. At first I thought I just got a bad burger. Maybe the kitchen cook assigned to my burger had a light hand in sprinkling salt. Maybe he was having an off day. Maybe the salt fairies decided not to grace my burger with their presence that fine evening. But after tasting my friends' orders of burritos, fries, and onion rings I found those bland as well. So Army Navy's standard recipes lack a huge amount of salt or they just don't season it as much as they need to. Salt and pepper shakers are placed on the tables (Which is something I like in restaurants), but I season food when I'm in the kitchen. I want food to be seasoned for me when I'm a diner.

The place is pretty great. They have all these wall graffiti, decor, and ambiance that can keep you entertained. Some of them are even pretty funny. I love the menu the most. I'm a sucker for Philly Cheese Steaks and I'm definitely coming back here to try it out.

Do I recommend this for you? So long as you don't mind seasoning your food with salt and pepper then I do recommend Army Navy. It might just be a personal preference for me; I hate having to add salt and pepper when I'm the one who ordered it. But their food was good enough to earn a seven from me, it should be a 10 with proper seasoning. So as long as you don't mind putting salt and pepper on your food then I'm sure you'll love this place. And let me know how that Philly Cheese Steak turns out.

Army Navy has several branches located at Glorietta 5, along Emerald Avenue in Ortigas, Tomas Morato, President's Ave in BF, and along Dela Rosa street in Makati to name a few.

Army Navy Website

2 comments:

  1. I liked the burger when I tried it a few nights ago but it seems I've had quite the opposite experience! See, my burger was too heavily seasoned! I could really feel the black pepper. I suppose they got many complaints regarding lack of seasonings... and ended up going the opposite direction! Don't know if I got a one-off myself; it was pretty late after all when I went there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should try it again, then. Who knows, maybe they remedied their shortcomings?

    ReplyDelete