Monday, March 5, 2012

Rockefeller, Greenbelt 3; 6/10

So this place had a lot of high expectations from me. What with the way the place looked. It looked fabulous, inside and out.  The ambiance was amazing. I was totally relaxed in here. I felt like this was a place I could kick back and relax.

It was a bit pricey so we expected next to the best. The burgers were pretty affordable. I mean, I've had more expensive ones. But everything else. Ribs, oysters, the whole high-end shebang. You see burgers on a menu with something like Bourbon Baby Back Ribs on a previous page, you're expecting pretty awesome burgers, right?

So I had the Barbecue Burger which was priced at 275. My friend had the Rockefeller burger at 295 (Second photo)

I have to say we were extremely disappointed. The burgers were nothing to write home about. Absolutely nothing. There was nothing special about it whatsoever. It's only saving grace would probably be the sauce and the cheese. The patty however was almost terrible. But for 300 bucks? You might very well say that it was.

For the sake of comparison, I would have told you that it tasted like those frozen burgers you can find in the grocery. My friend just said that there was something off about it. I don't know if it was the meat or the seasoning, but trust me when I say that you don't want to see for yourself.

I have yet to try anything else on their menu. I probably will if I feel like splurging. I hope I don't get disappointed, though. But if you find yourself in this restaurant.. Please. No matter how tempting the pictures or the description looks. No matter how low your standards are. No matter how much you say you love burgers. Under any circumstances do not order this burger. You're robbing yourself of 300 pesos. I can name several other restaurants that can serve you a better burger for half that price.

Side comment: The fries were amazing, though. I'm drooling at the thought of having those fries again.

Rockefeller is located at the 2nd floor of Greenbelt 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment